Friday, October 10, 2014

Who Cares? - Haidji - Short Story - Excerpt

see also    SG - Suicide Game - ebook and book   and  SG - Suicide Game - Video


My Short Story "Who Cares?"  is available  for free to my subscribers.

If you like to read more about my work, or be surprised sometimes with an unexpected short story, you can subscribe to my newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.

just click 


I hope that you enjoy reading my short story "Who Cares?"
and wish you a beautiful day!



Excerpt


Who Cares?


Ooops…the moment that Nevaeh started to get jealous about people dying of cancer, he realized that it was time for him to start to get out of his depression.

He was at school and Sonja, his best friend asked him:
“Why are you so depressed, Nevaeh?  Imagine what it would be like if you would have cancer!”

“If I would have cancer, then I could simply die without feeling guilty about it; destiny decided the end of my life and I could just go…who cares?”
“Nevaeh!  What are you speaking about?  It would be terrible.
I care about you; and you, you should care about yourself too.”

Nevaeh, who had this name because his teenaged mother thought that it would be a cool name for a boy, felt more close to Hell than to Heaven…at this moment in his life.

He could not stand himself.  Suddenly he realized that he would need to deal with himself for all eternity.  This thought was overwhelming.  Profoundly depressing, to figure out that he could take everyone else out of his life, but not himself.  Never himself, he would be always there.  Not easy to deal with this situation when you look into the mirror and don’t like what you see.  When you look around yourself and don’t like the way you’re living.  When you are the only one who is really responsible for the results of your own actions, or for the lack of actions.

Sitting in his bed at night, he said to himself:
“I will be with myself for all eternity…maybe longer…OMG, this is so overwhelming!  I need to tell Sonja about it.”
Nevaeh called Sonja, to speak about it.
“Hi Sonja, can I stay with you as my best friend for all eternity and then figure out a way to send myself away?”

Sonja, who was already used to the strange direction that his thoughts used to take sometimes, answered:
“No, I like the way you are, don’t send yourself away.  Recover the happy dreamer inside of you, he is just sick for a while, all will be fine, Nevaeh.  Calm down.”

A few days later, during Science class, the teacher explained about transmutation:
“We have the Biological transmutation that occurs with living organisms; the Dimensional transmutation, which transforms a pure number into a parameter with a dimension; the Nuclear transmutation that is the conversion of one chemical element or isotope into another through nuclear reaction; and the transmutation of Species, which is the alteration from one species into another.”
Nevaeh, who used to almost fall asleep while in his Science class, felt like he was having an Epiphany:
“I thought that I would need a…a philosophers’ stone, or the elixir of life…but all I need is a nuclear plant!”

The teacher continued…
“But, in modern times…maybe radioactivity or the bombardment of elements with high speed particles or ions using a particle accelerator, changing the number of protons in the atomic nucleus…” But Neveah wasn’t hearing anymore. Once inside of his own thoughts…he did not pay attention to whatever it was around him.

“Should I move next to a nuclear power source, Sonja?  I need a transmutation,” he said to her, after the class.

to read the full story for free today, subscribe my mailing list 

click on 

or send an email to haidji@gmail.com asking me to send the story to you.







See My Books 








you can find  SG- Suicide Game and all my other books on 

and on many other bookstores





















if you're interested in one of my Paintings


please contact me


you can like my oficial facebook page





If you like to read more about my work, or be surprised sometimes with an unexpected short story, you can subscribe to my newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
just click 




No comments: